- 8 slices square white bread
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g thinly sliced leftover ham
- 1/4 small pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Preheat a jaffle maker. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Flip 4 of the slices over, so the butter is on the underside. Top the unbuttered side with ham, pineapple, mozzarella, oregano, chilli and basil. Season with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Sandwich with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Transfer sandwiches to jaffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve topped with extra basil leaves and chilli flakes.