A few weeks ago, my boyfriend, Jeff and I were in Portland, Oregon to attend a family wedding. Jeff is originally from Portland, so we visit quite often to see friends and family. Summers in Oregon are my favorite season of the year because you can experience its lush greenery, jaw dropping hikes and views, and roam around the cute Pottery Barn neighborhoods. Another thing to note is that Oregon gets about 8 months of rainfall a year. Californians will gasp at the sound of that, but hey! theres a reason why we have such ugly dry yellow hills along our highways, drought problems, and lack of clean air.
It’s been a while since I’ve visited downtown Portland and was surprised to see all the new shops that have opened up. I can see why Portland is becoming an up and coming destination. It’s a place for young families and small business owners to start a new life and are happily welcomed in Portland.
We spent a lot of time relaxing, roaming around, playing with the chickens and dogs in the yard, and even had time to go for a quick hike up with the fam to the Columbia River Gorge. I didn’t take very many pictures during our hike since we had to swim through ice cold waters to get to the waterfalls, but you can view a short video below created by Travel Oregon.
1) Portland Oregon Neon Sign / Located in Chinatown Old town – Couch St and Naito Pkwy
2) Polar Portland Outdoor Shop / 413 SW 10th Ave
3) Pine State Biscuits / 1100 SE Division
4) Burnside Bridge / Nearby Burnside Skate Park
5) Boxer Ramen (Cute Anime Girls) / 1025 SW Stark St
6) Union Way Alley / 1022 SW 10th Ave
7) Prasad Vegan Cafe / 925 NW Davis St
Photos by Richie and Jeffrey Boyce. Edited by Stacey Ann.